Press briefing on next week’s plenary session - Friday, 9 September, at 11.00
Spokespersons for Parliament and for political groups will hold a briefing on the 12-15 September plenary session on Friday at 11.00, in Parliament’s Anna Politkovskaya press room.
Key topics next week include:
- State of the European Union: Address by Ursula von der Leyen, followed by debate with MEPs
- The EU’s response to soaring energy prices
- Fit for 55: Boosting renewables and energy savings
- Final vote on the directive on adequate minimum wages
- Breach of EU values in Hungary
- Increasing the EU's efforts to fight climate change
- Stopping EU-driven deforestation
- This is Europe debate with Finnish Prime Minister Sanna Marin.
Interpretation of the press briefing will be available in English, French and German.
Journalists wishing to actively participate and ask questions, please connect via Interactio by using this: https://ep.interactio.eu/66e2-hy1p-1w4u
You can follow it live from 11.00 on Friday in Parliament’s Anna Politkovskaya press room or via Parliament’s webstreaming and EbS.
Information for the media - Use Interactio to ask questions
Interactio is only supported on iPad (with the Safari browser) and Mac/Windows (with the Google Chrome browser).
When connecting, enter your name and the media you are representing in the first name / last name fields.
For better sound quality, use headphones and a microphone. Interpretation is only possible for interventions with video.
Journalists who have never used Interactio before are asked to connect 30 minutes before the start of the press conference to perform a connection test. IT assistance can be provided if necessary.
For more details, check the connection guidelines and recommendations for remote speakers.
Jaume DUCH GUILLOTEP Spokesperson and Director General for Communication
Delphine COLARDHead of Spokesperson’s Unit and Deputy Spokesperson
Neil CORLETTHead of the Press Unit
Het Parlement in de sociale media