Press briefing on next week’s plenary session - Friday, 10 February, at 11.00
Spokespersons for Parliament and for political groups will hold a briefing on the 13 - 16 February plenary session on Friday at 11.00, in Parliament’s Anna Politkovskaya press room.
Key topics next week include:
- CO2 emissions reduction targets for new passenger cars and light commercial vehicles
- Including REPowerEU measures in national recovery plans
- Russia’s one-year war of aggression against Ukraine
- Preventing and combatting violence against women
- Debate and vote on the European Central Bank’s policy with its President Christine Lagarde
- Debate on establishing an independent EU Ethics Body
- Debate on the Green Deal Industrial plan, and vote on EU strategy to boost industrial competitiveness, trade and quality jobs
- Formal Sitting with the President of Latvia, Egīls Levits
Interpretation of the press briefing will be available in English, French and German.
Journalists wishing to actively participate and ask questions, please connect via Interactio by using this: https://ep.interactio.eu/66e2-hy1p-1w4u
Information for the media - Use Interactio to ask questions
Interactio is only supported on iPad (with the Safari browser) and Mac/Windows (with the Google Chrome browser).
When connecting, enter your name and the media you are representing in the first name / last name fields.
For better sound quality, use headphones and a microphone. Interpretation is only possible for interventions with video.
Journalists who have never used Interactio before are asked to connect 30 minutes before the start of the press conference to perform a connection test. IT assistance can be provided if necessary.
When connected, open the chat window (upper right corner) to be able to see the service messages.
For more details, check the connection guidelines and recommendations for remote speakers.